Friday, August 15, 2014

Recognize the Core


Health Informatics is considered as the core of the MSHI program.For me, one of its main essence is to introduce the principles of the linkage between information technology and health service. It will provide us the avenue of exploring the existing and future innovations that may reshape health interventions and solutions. 

As a novice of the program, I am deeply interested in learning the needed IT tools that may aid healthcare professionals identify and manage predicaments hindering efficiency of healthcare delivery. As a community oriented worker, I would also like to learn how to further strengthen the foundations of the national healthcare system (primary healthcare workers) by alleviating or at least decreasing their hurdles by means of ICT solutions.In line with this, I would also like to learn how to increase their capacity for technology adoption, one of the main reasons of sustainability failures. Lastly, I would like to have an in-depth view of the medical informatics' role in bridging the two different fields together and how it can contribute to the visions of different medical professions. 

I believe that this subject will help me gain and enrich my knowledge in the career path that I've chosen.This will endow me with everything I need to learn to escalate my skills and abilities to the next level.

2 comments:

  1. For your lesiurely reading: https://ehealth.atlassian.net/wiki/x/FIA9

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI 201 is an introduction to health informatics. It will not necessarily "endow you with everything you need to learn" but it's a good start. Welcome to my class!

    ReplyDelete